There are two common types of mouthwash, therapeutic mouthwash, and cosmetic mouthwash. Whereas cosmetic mouthwash is simply used to temporarily control and reduce bad breath, therapeutic mouthwash can have lasting oral health benefits including reducing gingivitis, tooth decay, cavities, plaque, and bad breath. Listed below are just a few of the benefits that therapeutic mouthwash can employ:
– Some mouthwash products contain substances that can help strengthen and shield your tooth enamel.
– When choosing a mouthwash, look for products that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance, which is given out by the American Dental Association to denote a product’s safety and effectiveness.
– Some mouthwash products can help prevent and eliminate gingivitis, which is an early stage of periodontal disease, also known as gum disease.
– Various assortments of mouthwash are highly effective at whitening your teeth and contain substances that can help you eliminate deep stains and discolorations.
– Mouthwash products can help diminish the speed that tartar can form on your teeth.
– Mouthwash is known for freshening breath, and in some instances, can eradicate the bacteria that can cause it.
– Be sure to book an oral exam with your dentist to make sure the mouthwash products you’re using are safe and effective.
– Look for mouthwash products that include the elimination of plaque build-up and other harmful acids from your mouth.
For more professional cleaning treatment and care from a dentist in [city], [state], our team at [practice_name] can help you. If are in need of an oral exam from Dr. Tornow, Dr. Child, or Dr. Bateman, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office. We can be reached at [phone].