[vc_row rt_row_background_width=”fullwidth” rt_row_content_width=”default” rt_row_style=”default-style” rt_row_borders=”” rt_row_shadows=”” rt_row_paddings=”true” rt_bg_effect=”classic” rt_bg_image_repeat=”repeat” rt_bg_size=”cover” rt_bg_position=”right top” rt_bg_attachment=”scroll” rt_bg_video_format=”self-hosted”][vc_column rt_column_shadow=”” rt_bg_image_repeat=”repeat” rt_bg_size=”auto auto” rt_bg_attachment=”scroll”][vc_column_text]
When you think of your dentist, getting dermal filler injections might not be the first thing that comes to mind. But more people are realizing the benefits of dermal filler use, and it’s not just about smoothing wrinkles. Using dermal filler as part of your dental routine can have incredible benefits.
What is Dermal Filler?
You have probably heard the word dermal filler before and have an idea of what it is. Most people imagine syringes and needles that get injected into the face, and they aren’t wrong. Dermal filler is much more than a cosmetic procedure. dermal filler is a registered trademark which has become a catch all name for Botulinum Toxin injections. Botulinum Toxin is a neurotoxin protein that blocks signals from the nerves to the muscles. This does not cause a loss of feeling, it merely helps to relax the muscles which spasm or move repeatedly. Since 2000, dermal filler has been used to treat chronic headaches as well as other medical issues. These small injections around the mouth and face can provide immediate results for a variety of dental procedures.
Why should you consider dermal filler?
Pony Express Dental in Eagle Mountain, Utah, uses dermal filler in a variety of different ways Because our dentists are experts when it comes to facial muscles and bones, they are uniquely qualified to use dermal filler to their advantage. You might require dermal filler as part of one of our treatment plans, but our dentists at Pony Express Dental will be able to administer the injection without interrupting your natural features. Some of the benefits include-
- As part of a treatment program to treat Bruxism or teeth grinding which can cause headaches and migraines. This is a useful addition to using a night mouthguard.
- Treatment for TMD, which is caused by muscle contractions. Dermal filler injections paralyze the muscles in the face temporarily to provide relief and allow the muscles to relax.
- There are many different types of facial pain including trigeminal, and most can be treated with dermal filler.
- Can be used as treatment for ‘gummy smiles’ which are caused by over-retracted upper lips, awkward lip lines, and puckered chins.
- New dentures and you can’t seem to adjust? Dermal filler can help relax and retrain the muscles to get a better fit.
- Your dermal filler injections will be administered in a safe and sterile environment by an expert in maxillo-facial muscles.
The results that you get from dermal filler injections can last a few weeks to a few months. Using dermal filler is minimally invasive compared to many other dental treatments which is why we are proud to offer this service to our patients in Eagle Mountain, Utah. If you have any questions about how dermal filler can benefit you, get in touch and we will be happy to discuss your options.